A digital library of more than two million images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and social sciences. Collections consist of contributions from museums, photographers, libraries, scholars, photo archives, and artists/artists' estates.
How to Search Artstor:
1. Go to the Library's A-Z Databases page.
2. Scroll down and click on Artstor.
3. Search by artist name, title of artwork or keywords.
4. Click on the image and enlarge for full resolution.
5. Look to the right side of the image for accurate information about the artist, medium, and dates of the work.
6. Hover over the image and click on the expanding arrows to see the image full screen.
7. You can also use the Browse function and select any of the options, including Artstor Collections where you can select Teaching Resources and click through to "Art and Architecture Overviews" where you'll find illustrated guide to periods and cultures.
For more information on how to use Artstor, go to the Artstor Support pages.