Skip to Main Content
Placing Materials on Course Reserve - For Faculty
Placing materials on reserve is a good way to make sure important course materials are available to all students in the class. Textbooks on reserve allow students to keep up in class while they wait for financial aid, the arrival of books ordered online, or for the bookstore to replenish stock.
Types of Reserve Materials
- Textbooks (and accompanying CDs)
- Other books (instructor and library copies)
- Lecture notes
- Supplemental course readers, packets, etc.
- Loose materials such as photocopies (in a folder or binder)
How to Place Materials on Reserve
- Fill out the Course Reserve Materials Request Form if you intend to make physical items available for student check out at one of the library locations.
- Print out the completed form and bring it and the material(s) to the appropriate library location.
- Please allow up to 10 days for personal items to be processed by library staff.
Contact Library Staff about Reserves
Contact us if you have questions about placing items on reserve.
Library & Learning Resources, City College of San Francisco
50 Frida Kahlo Way, San Francisco, CA 94112 | 415-452-5541