Skip to Main Content
Library & Learning Resources is committed to providing excellent resources and services that support the mission of City College of San Francisco. To fulfill its mission, the Library:
- Contributes to student learning outcomes by actively engaging in both the development and implementation of an information competency initiative that supports the curriculum and lifelong learning;
- Provides users with assistance and instruction for success in the use of library resources for their present studies and lifelong learning;
- Strives to provide equal access to print and electronic materials and to develop services, including distance learning services, for students with a wide range of scholastic abilities, learning styles and comprehension levels;.
- Is supportive of and responsive to the changing needs of people with diverse ethnic, cultural, social and economic backgrounds;
- Advocates for faculty and staff participation in building and enhancing library resources and creating new services;.
- Contributes to the College's curricular goals by providing programs and exhibitions and by publicizing available resources and activities;.
- Encourages forging of partnerships and integrating of new technologies to increase access to resources and services external to the college's physical collections.
(Adopted as part of Collection Development statement. 10/29/1992, revised 4/2005; reviewed 5/2018)
Library & Learning Resources, City College of San Francisco
50 Frida Kahlo Way, San Francisco, CA 94112 | 415-452-5541